Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela Arrangements in 2019
- Remedial Work Has Just Commenced in the Interior of the Cathedral
- The Cathedral Remains Open to Pilgrims and Visitors
- The Daily Pilgrim Mass has been moved to the nearby Church of San Francisco
- You can Still Embrace the Apostle, Visit the Tomb and Reliquary.
- The Cathedral is Open Daily from 9am to 7pm
An announcement was made by the Pilgrim Office on 25th January 2019. During 2019 there will be remedial building work inside the Cathedral. The Cathedral will remain open and accessible to visitors, although some areas may have restrictions. Mass will not be celebrated here at all during 2019, and there will be no Botafumeiro.
The daily Pilgrim Mass at noon will be celebrated in the Church of San Francisco.
The main religious festivals will take place in the Church of San Martu00edn Pinario; such as the Festival of the Apostle Santiago on July 25th. The Church of Santa Maru00eda Salomé will host the celebration of the Eucharist at 07:30, 09:00, 10:00 & 19:00 Mondays to Fridays. Saturday at 18:00 and Sunday at 13:00 & 18:00. All Churches are within a short walk from the Cathedral.