Terms And Conditions
As a tour operator, we are required to make our booking conditions available to you before a booking is confirmed.
We send our booking form to you by email, which includes the Terms and Conditions.
Our Ts & Cs are detailed below:-
Payment, Booking Terms and Conditions
Walk the Camino Ltd is a company committed to customer satisfaction and consumer financial protection. We are therefore pleased to announce that, at no extra cost to you, and in accordance with ’’The Package Travel, Package Tours Regulations’’ all passengers booking with Walk the Camino Ltd are fully insured for the initial deposit, and subsequently the balance of monies paid as detailed in your booking confirmation form. The policy will also include repatriation if required, arising from the cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to the insolvency of Walk the Camino Ltd. This insurance has been arranged by The Travel Vault in conjunction with Towergate Travel through Zurich Insurance PLC.
In the unlikely event of Insolvency, you must Inform Towergate Travel immediately on +44 (0) 1932 334140 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please ensure you retain the booking confirmation form as evidence of cover and value. Policy Exclusions: This policy will not cover any monies paid for Travel Insurance
We are a Member of ABTA, membership number Y6364. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA’s Code of Conduct. We can also offer you ABTA’s scheme for the resolution of disputes which is approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute. If we can’t resolve your complaint, go to www.abta.com to use ABTA’s simple procedure. Further information on the Code and ABTA’s assistance in resolving disputes can be found on www.abta.com. You can also access the European Commission Online Dispute (ODR) Resolution platform at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. This ODR platform is a means of registering your complaint with us; it will not determine how your complaint should be resolved.
Walk The Camino Booking Conditions
Please read our terms and conditions carefully. These conditions, along with any other information given to you at the time of booking, set out the terms and conditions of the contract between you and Walk The Camino Ltd, (Registered Address Caledonian House, Evanton Drive, Glasgow G62 8JT.
Once your tour has been confirmed by email, we will accept responsibility for it in accordance with these conditions as an "Organiser" under the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992.
Your Holiday Contract
- When you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept our offer on behalf of the members of your group the terms of these booking conditions.
- We require you to sign and return your booking form at the point of booking your trip. We will issue you with a confirmation invoice and request payment of your 20% deposit. If you book within 8 weeks of departure, 100% of the cost must be paid on booking.
- If any person in the group has any medical condition or disability which will or may affect their arrangements, please contact us before making your booking so that we can advise.
- A booking is accepted and becomes definite only from the date when the Company issues a confirmation invoice to the client who makes the booking. It is at this point that a contract between the Company and the client comes into existence.
Your Holiday Price
- We reserve the right to alter the prices of any of the holidays shown on our website. You will be advised of the current price of the holiday that you wish to book before your contract is confirmed.
- To secure your booking you pay a deposit of 20% of the holiday cost per person. Deposits are not refundable. The full balance of your holiday must be paid 8 weeks before your departure date unless otherwise advised.
- Once the cost of your holiday has been confirmed and accepted, then subject to the correction of errors, we will only increase or decrease the price in the following circumstances*.
*If local costs are increased you may be liable for a surcharge due to an increase in local transportation costs or taxes.
If You Change Your Booking
- IF YOU WISH TO CHANGE YOUR BOOKING: Once your confirmation invoice is issued but you wish to alter your itinerary, we will do our best to accommodate you. Please make your request in writing. You will be charged an administration fee of £40 for each request plus any further costs we are charged with making this alteration. We must make you aware that some elements of your pre-booked travel arrangements can incur a 100% cancellation charge. While we will make every effort to oblige our clients, all changes to itineraries are subject to availability.
- IF YOU WISH TO CANCEL YOUR HOLIDAY: You, or any member of your party, may cancel your travel arrangements at any time. Please notify us in writing. See below for the cancellation terms and charges. It may be that your personal travel insurance policy covers you and that you may be able to reclaim these charges. We will issue you with a cancellation invoice to send to your Insurers on your written request. An administration fee of £40 per booking plus any additional costs or charges incurred by us or incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers will be charged if a confirmed booking is cancelled or transferred to a different departure date or tour.
- IF WE MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR HOLIDAY: We will inform you as soon as possible should a hotel booking have been altered. We will offer you a similar alternative and refund any price difference if applicable.
- ADDITIONAL TOURS & TRANSPORT: If you have booked transport tickets, (such as rail or bus) and cancel these are non-refundable. Additional tours and excursions may be non-refundable – please check at time of booking.
How To Pay for Your Walk the Camino Holiday
Walk The Camino Ltd is Registered in Scotland No. SC449716
There are three ways to pay as follows:
- We will send you an automated request for payment through Paypal which you process personally. Walk The Camino Ltd. accepts payment through Paypal using all of the major credit cards including American Express.
- Provide your details to us by phone and we will process your credit card payment for you. We accept the following major credit cards - Visa, Mastercard, Electron and Maestro.
- Pay by bank transfer to Walk the Camino Ltd. You can do this over the counter at your branch, or by phone or online banking. Full WTC account details are provided on your invoices.
Full details of payment method are provided on both your deposit and balance invoices and you will receive confirmation of these payment transactions.
Walk the Camino Ltd does not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties
- Clients are required to pay a non-refundable 20% deposit on booking their holiday with Walk the Camino Ltd. At this point, we secure all your reservations.
- Full Balances are usually payable 8 weeks before the date of holiday commencement.
- Once the full cost of the holiday is paid, you will receive confirmation of all reservations as agreed with your travel manager.
- Your information pack will be sent to your home address in advance of your holiday, by registered and trackable Royal Mail.
- Late bookings may receive their holiday information pack electronically
- In the case of non-payment of the balance by the due date, the Company reserves the right to treat your booking as cancelled and cancellation charges will apply.
Refund / Cancellation Policy
Should any client wish to cancel, cancellation charges will be imposed. If you have paid the holiday deposit, this cancellation charge allows us to retain any deposit paid.
If you have paid for the full cost of your holiday the following applies:-
- 80% refund of the cost of your holidays if you cancel 90 days or more prior to the start date
- 50 % refund if you cancel 50-89 days prior to the start of your holiday
- 20% refund 16 - 49 days prior to the start of your holiday
- No refund 15 - 0 days prior to the start of your holiday
Amendment charges are not refundable in the event of cancellation. We strongly recommended you take out comprehensive travel insurance which includes cover against cancellation charges. Depending on the reason for the cancellation, you may be able to reclaim the cancellation charges (less any applicable excess) under the terms of your personal insurance policy. All claims must be made directly to your own insurance company. Walk the Camino Ltd is Registered in Scotland - SC449716
If you have a problem during your holiday, please contact our offices between 9 and 5 pm. You can also call, email or text the out of office team who are available to you 24 hours a day during your trip. These contact details are included in your travel pack. They will do everything we can to assist you and solve the problem at the time. We strongly advise that you discuss any complaint directly with the supplier concerned so they have the opportunity to correct any problem at that time. If your complaint is not resolved at the time, you can email us at email@example.com with your booking reference and all relevant information. We will investigate the matter with the intention of providing you with an acceptable solution.
Travel Insurance Policy
We advise clients that Personal Travel Insurance Policies are widely available. We strongly advise you to take out a suitable policy before you travel and carry the documents with you on holiday. It’s your responsibility to check that the Policy is appropriate for the type of holiday you are taking. It should cover elements such as cancellation, curtailment, injury, illness or repatriation costs during your holiday with us. Walk The Camino is not responsible for any losses or expenses that you incur as a consequence of your failure to take out adequate travel insurance.